Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Project Ratings

1 = Anaglyph
This project was highly enjoyable. My group was awesome, and I enjoyed shooting and editing this project the most. Though, we cut out a lot of the film's narrative flow, it came out rather good. This is definitely a film that I'd like to re-edit and show to my friends because there is about 30 sec narrative missing from the 1 minute version. 3D is still a concept that I'm not sure how on board I am with it.
2 = Animation
I've always wanted to do animation, and though choppy because of our experience, the product turned out nicely. I wish I had had time to edit audio for this project, but the shoot was fun, and it is definitely something that I want to do again.
3 = Cameraless
Our first project allowed us to directly manipulate film stock. This was probably the most unique project that we did. I had never even used film stock, and I learned a lot about it in this project. Truly eye-opening experience.
4 = Crowdsourcing
This was similar to the Cameraless, but we are individually doing a small percentage of the entire actual production (I understand that that is the point). Also, I'm not hating on the original video; I thought it was really awesome. However, due to the way it was shot which caused it to be difficult to make out the frame composition, I thought it was a poor choice for the Crowdsourcing project because we're supposed to retain outlines.... I think the final video will be a cluster-fuck of people's abstract color vomit.
5 = Bolex
Though using the old camera was another great experience, and being the cameraman was also really cool, this shoot was thrown together and developed in two hours. It was over before it started. Also, what we did was simple and made no sense.
p.s. I think it is funny that everyone utilized water in this project.
6 = Media Fast
This was thrown together in the same time as the Bolex, only there was no cool camera use. Also, we had to go w/o technology or media for 2 days. That was not fun even while keeping oneself busy. The video was also due the day after it was assigned so there was little planning, and after its showing, 10 hours later, it was shown and forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment